Goals and Philosophy:
Dr. Marcus believes that a healthy mouth is a gateway to a healthy body. She provides the highest level of care in general dentistry, Invisalign®, comprehensive dentistry, and other Facial Cosmetics, which are just some of the many services she offers to help all of our patients achieve this goal.
Dr. Marcus strives to achieve continued excellence by learning new techniques in all disciplines of dentistry, completing hundreds of hours of continuing education each year.
“A Healthy Smile Enables A Person To Reach Their Maximum Potential In Life.” –Dr. David Galler
Dr. Gina Marcus is native to Miami, Florida where she attended the Gulliver Preparatory School. She graduated from the University of Florida, Gainesville in 1999, where she graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology. Dr. Marcus attended Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, where she received her degree in Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) in 2003.
Dr. Marcus believes that giving back to the community is critical to being a professional.
The Lotus House has become the focus of the Infinity Dental Team philanthropy initiative. In February of 2019, the #spreadthelove campaign was begun. Throughout the month of February, three prongs of service are provided to the women and children of the Lotus House.
- Donation of clothing, shoes, and baby items are collected then delivered to the Lotus House residents.
- Fundraising for monetary donations from others in the community.
- 2-5 “Smile Makeover” sessions that Dr. Marcus and her team complete in her office at no charge to the Lotus House residents.
Giving back to our community is something Dr. Marcus has done beginning in elementary school and is something she plans to continue throughout her life.
She was appointed Director of the Board for the Sandy B. Muller Breast Cancer Foundation and served in many capacities in the foundation from its launch in 2008 through 2017. The foundation is a non-profit which raises funds to help patients financially while they are undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
Dr. Marcus enjoys engaging with her local community’s youngest members as well. She participates in Career Day presentations at various elementary schools in the area. Most currently, she presented at the Tooth Fairy Oral Health Care Presentation at Coconut Grove Elementary School.
Dr. Marcus is a member and active participant in several prestigious professional organizations. She was nominated for 2016-2018 as a Delegate for the South Florida District Dental Association to the Florida Dental Association House of Delegates as well as a Delegate of the Florida Dental Association to the American Dental Association. In 2018, she was selected to be Alternate Trustee to the Board of Trustees of the Florida Dental Association. Other organizations Dr. Marcus is involved with are the American Academy of Clear Aligners, Elite Invisalign® Study Club, the South Florida District Dental Association, the Greater Miami Dental Society, International Team for Implantology (ITI), Seattle Study Club, Spear Education, as well as many other local study clubs.
One of the most rewarding of the study clubs is the one she co-founded, KNOW, Killer Network of Outstanding Women in Dentistry. KNOW was organized to develop a tight-knit group of women dental practice owners where ideas can be shared, a “Lean In” inspired idea. The group helps each other in many aspects of balancing career, practice ownership, dentist/entrepreneur and family.
Dr. Marcus stays involved with all aspects of dentistry by frequently attending seminars for continuing education at the local, regional, national, and international levels. Learning is a lifelong endeavor and staying current with cutting edge technology, materials, and procedures in dentistry are critical to her and her practice.
Dr. Marcus published an article, “Maternity Leave for Practice Owners” which was published in the September/October 2014 Edition of Today’s FDA magazine, www.floridadental.org. She discussed her difficulties and provides helpful tips on how to prepare a dental practice for any dentist who may be away from the practice for an extended period of time.
Dr. Marcus was featured in The Beauty Prescription, on the best seller list in the UK, a doctor’s complete formula for looking and feeling beautiful. As reviewed on AOL Health, Dr. Marcus highlights ways to improve self-esteem by improving your smile. Additionally, Dr. Marcus co-authored an article in a professional medical journal, Facial Plastic Surgery, on how to best manage the needs of cosmetic patients
Accolades and Accomplishments:
- Top 40 Dentists Under 40 by Benco Dental’s Incisal Edge Publication – Dr. Marcus was selected from hundreds of nominees from around the country. Her commitment to the care she provides to her patients, her practice, her community and her passion for lifelong learning sets her apart.
- Panelist for the New Dentist – Dr. Marcus was chosen to sit with three other general dentists and six specialists on a panel discussion at Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine. The panel discussion was set up to help answer questions about “real life” dentistry for the 2015 graduating class of Dental Students.
- Dr. Marcus and her colleague formed an all women dental practice owners study club called KNOW – Killer Network of Outstanding Women. These meetings focus on issues specific to women and the daily struggles they face in their practice, owning their practice, and managing the work-life balance.
- Spear Education and the Spear Study Club – In 2014, Dr. Marcus was instrumental in choosing the group that was selected to travel to Arizona for this prestigious course and is very proud to be an integral part of this elite group. The Spear Education experience has had an invaluable impact on both Dr. Marcus, her patient’s and her practice.
- Elite Invisalign® Study Club – Dr. Marcus was chosen in 2018 to join this international group of General Practice Dentists who are trained at the highest level of Invisalign® treatment.
In her free time, Dr. Marcus enjoys spending time with her family and friends, running, traveling and listening to music. She has two sons, Benjamin, and Jordan.