What is TMJ?
Many factors can precipitate TMJ disorders:
- Teeth Grinding + Clenching
- Facial Trauma
- Injury to the Joint
What are the symptoms of TMJ problems?
- Pain when opening or closing the mouth
- Inability to open the mouth to its full potential
- Clicking or popping sounds upon opening and closing of the mouth associated with pain
- Locking of the jaw either opened or closed
What is the treatment for TMJ disorders?
Treatment for TMJ disorders may involve splint therapy, bite plate(s), or a night guard. Medications for pain and muscle relaxation may be prescribed to assist in obtaining the desired results.
If you suffer from the symptoms of a TMJ disorder, please contact our office. Delayed diagnosis and delayed treatment may result in conditions to worsen and symptoms to intensify.