CariVu – Caries Detection Device: A brilliant new approach to discovering caries and cracks.
What makes CariVu unique?
- Uses transillumination technology that makes enamel appear transparent while porous lesions (cavities and racks) trap and absorb light (shows up dark).
- Allows the dentist or dental hygienist see through the tooth, revealing its structure and the actual structure of any carious lesions.
- CariVu images read like familiar X-ray images (shades of grey).
- Uses non-ionizing radiation (light only) which is ideal for children, pregnant women and patients who are X-ray averse
- When used together, a radiograph, a transilluminated image and an intra-oral photo provide a comprehensive picture of the health of a patient’s tooth.